Thursday, June 30, 2011

Another Big Day in the B-Lo





It seemed like all day my phone was going off from WGR550 alerts. My first text was that Nathan Gerbe signed a 3 year deal worth
$4.3 million. I'm so happy we signed Gerbe. He is an incredible goal scorer and will be an asset for us in years to come. He had a great season in 2010/11 scoring 16 goals with 31 points. In a couple years, he should be a consistent 30 goal scorer. Two moments that stick out in my about him is when he scored two goals in 5 seconds against the Islanders and when he made several hard working plays to score an empty net goal to seal the deal against the Habs. At the end of the NHL season, I thought for sure that the Sabres would acquire Christian Ehroff from Vancouver. I thought I was wrong when I heard yesterday that the New York Isalnders had bought his rights for a 4th round pick. That all changed when the Sabres bought his negotiation rights from the Islanders for guess what, a 4th round pick in 2012. So now it's up to Ehroff to decide where he wants to play. Also, Steve Montador has left the Sabres to join the Chicago Blackhawks. Chicago should be happy with this pick up. Steve is a hard working D-man who I believe finished in the top 5 last year for blocked shots. He should fit right in after the Hawks lost "Soupy" to the Panthers. I guess we will see what happens July 1st. Brad Richards??
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment